SSM College of Engineering library is a resource center for teaching, learning & research. Being the heart of the college, it is home for all the information services. It plays a proactive role in enabling access to information resources of all kind and providing innovative, responsive and effective services to meet the changing needs of the students and faculty. The major objective of the library is to provide latest information/knowledge to the right users at the right time
Library has 100 seating capacity, digital library, e-learning center, reference section, circulation counter, journals/magazines and news paper section are also available. The library holds a hybrid collection of printed as well as electronic resources which include books, journals, databases, audio-visuals, CDs/DVDs, e-journals, reports, course materials, previous years question papers, project reports, etc. Currently the library holds over 51,798 books, 300 print journals, provides access to electronic resources, newspapers and business magazines, and 1500 multimedia resources. And also have institution membership of NDL. It offers a fully integrated and dynamic environment for conducting academic and research activities.Multiple copies ensure that resources are easily available in reference section and stack area as well. Central library is Wi-fi enabled and under CCTV surveillance.
- To Procure latest edition of text books reference books Journals Modern Resources.
- To Keep the Library open round the clock.
- Our library intends to incorporate the latest technology and adopt user friendly approach towards student and faculty.
- Our library intends to offer comprehensive services related to dissemination of knowledge.
Library serves as a resource center and aims to develop a comprehensive Collection of books and journals useful for faculty and students of the institute and provides an efficient dissemination of knowledge.
- Provide library services and resources in multiple formats that meet our users’ needs.
- Reimagine the physical space of the library to better meet the demands of our students and faculty in the future.
- Educate users about the library’s services and resources.
- Increase collaboration with students,faculty, staff, and the community.
- Equity: Accessibility, respect and fairness
- Diversity: Valuing individual needs, experiences and differences
- Intellectual Freedom: Guaranteeing and facilitating the free exchange of information and ideas in a democratic society, protecting intellectual freedom and respecting individuals rights to privacy and choice
- Innovation: Encouraging creativity,experimentation and the generation of ideas
- Inclusion: Welcoming participation in decision making and service development by residents and communities
- Integrity: Open, transparent
- Accountability: Taking responsibility for our actions and the services we provide
- Service Orientation: Providing excellent, responsive services
To provide education services of the highest quality both curricular and co-curricular so that our
students can integrate skills and serve industry and society equally well at the Global level.