SSM College of engineering and technology has set up a centre for innovation,Incubation and entrepreneurship (CIIE).
The center is established in the college campus situated at Divar, parihaspora, Tehsil
Pattan, District Baramulla State J&K,20 Km away from Srinagar city, which has been once
be to the magnificent Capital of the great ancient ruler “King Lalitaditya” of the 12 century.The place has once been a center of knowledge and preaching Buddhist as well as Hindu ideology. The location is clean and congenial to the ambiance and ideal for setting up the technology development park and business incubation cell for providing technical and financial assistance to the promising engineer entrepreneurs. The center will work to foster innovation and promote entrepreneurial skills among the students,ex-students and startup entrepreneurs. CIIE – SSM works to promote technology based entrepreneurship and thereof facilitate application of knowledge for social needs. The activities of CIIE- SSM will be to
- Organize faculty development programs
- Develop entrepreneurship among the students/ Ex-students and startups.
- Organize entrepreneurship motivation programs and skill development programs.
- Organize entrepreneurship awareness campus.
- Organize entrepreneurship development programs.
- Assist in leverage good student projects.
- Assist in product identification
- Provide maximum possible services and technical expertise in the development of product from the conceptual stage to know how stage then to do how stage.
- Nucleation of new business ideas by creating the environment and opportunities for know-how providers, entrepreneurs and financiers to meet each other.