Computer Science and Engineering
for contacting SSM College Of Engineering And Technology Srinagar.
Our Information Desk will be forwarding your Query / Comments to the
concerned department for an immediate response. Kindly be patient as
someone will contact you very soon to see if there is anything we can help you with
Information Desk SSM College Of Engineering And Technology Srinagar.
Message Submitted from ec2-54-80-248-78.compute-1.amazonaws.com IP.
Mrs. Yasmin Bhat Associate Professor/HOD Computer science is the real “Rocket Science” for every one that dream of becoming a scientist in the any walk of life using computers to solve problems. In computer science you will study and apply your knowledge in understanding what computers are, as how to program them, tools to write a program, the rules when converting the written program understandable by the computers, the interface between the computer and the user, the computer graphics, computer networking, managing the software database, software engineering and testing them efficiently and more. Now computers are used everywhere to reduce the manpower requirements, easy of computation and to improve the efficiency. So the scope for computer science is endless.
Computer Science and Engineering students are in high demand as far as industry recruiters are concerned. Depending upon the interest of the student, he/she may choose to go for higher studies or if employed can choose to do research, development, design, production, application, testing or management in the Information Technology industry.
Vision and Mission
To nurture Computer Engineers to support ICT (Information &Communication Technology) in all
Hardware & Software Domain in any branch of Techno-Managerial area.
1. To provide center of excellence in CSE.
2. To prepare students for professional career and higher studies to make graduates technically sound and ethically strong, enabling them to serve society as innovators, entrepreneurs and competent professionals.
3.To remain professionally advanced through research and development programs
4.To develop specialized programs for promoting IT culture in society.
PEOs AND POs
1. The graduates of the program will becomeproficient in the principles and practices of computer
science, mathematics and science, enabling them to solve a wide range of computing related
2. To enable the students with innovativeapplications of engineering knowledge and programming
skillsto spearhead the progress of society in the information age.
3. To mould the students into competent, successful, and practicing engineers in their career
and/orin pursuing their higher studies through the spirit of innovation andentrepreneurship
4. To provide exposure to cutting edgetechnologies, adequate training and opportunities to work
individuallyand as teams on multidisciplinary projects with effective analytical skills
5. To acquire and practice the profession withethics, integrity and leadership qualities with due
considerationto environmental issues in conformance with societal needs.
Uponcompletion of the programme, the student will be able:
1. To apply and integrate knowledge of computingto the engineering discipline
2. To identify, analyze, formulate and solve complex problems related to computer science and
3. To design, construct and evaluate a computerbased system, process or component, to meet the
4. To demonstrate application of engineering skills and techniques for efficient development of
5. To use modern techniques and tools necessary for computing practice that drives towards
6. To develop innovative ideas that can be translated into commercial products benefiting the
societyand the economic growth.
7. To understand the impact of engineering solutions in a social, global, environmental and
8. To posses leadership and management skillswith best professional, ethical practices and social
9. To interact professionally with others in the workplace and to function effectively as an
individualand in a group.
10. To demonstrate quality skills so as to speak,listen and present effectively the acquired technical
knowledgeto a range of audience.
11. To utilize project management skills andprinciples of finance and economics inthe construction
ofhardware and software systems with business objective.
12. To substantiate contemporary knowledge and technological developments by being a
vBriefSeminar on Successful Career in SoftwareDevelopment conducted by EDISPHERE SoftwarePrivate Limited on 07/06/2017.
v One day Seminar on WholesomeLeadership for a Happy World conducted by Dr.ArunWakhlu, Chairman and Managing Director of Pragati Leadership Pune, India on 25/05/2017.
vOneDay Seminar on Pre-Placement Cum Career Counsellingconducted by Mr. Syed Irfan , AssistantProfessor , Department of CSE, SSMCOET on 10/05/2017.
vFourDay Workshop on Google’s Go Language conductedby IAC Software Solutions from 02/05/2017 to06/05/2017.
vFourDay Workshop on Interactive Application Development using .NET Technology conductedby Rational Tabs Technologies Pvt. Ltd from 02/05/2017 to 06/05/2017.
vTwoday National Seminar on Electronic Devices, Systemsand Information Security organized by Departmentof Electronics and Information Technology, University of Kashmir , UGCsponsored held on 24/03/2017 and 25/03/2017, venue Kashmir University.
v10Day Training Programme on Big Data Analytics sponsoredby Government of India, Department of Science &Technology (Big Data Initiatives Division) from 10/03/2017 to 20/03/2017, venue NIT Srinagar.
vSmart India Hackathon -2017 Programme conducted by Mr. Irfan Rashid Mandoo, Assistant Professor, MCA Department, SSMCOETon 02/01/2017.
vTwoDay Workshop on Ethical Hacking and Cyber Forensicsconducted by Geekslab Technologies Pvt.Ltd from 27/04/2016 to28/04/2016.
vWorkshopon Cloud Computing conducted by Mani Madukar ,Expert IBM BLUEMIX on 19/08/2015.
v Four day extensive Workshop on Android AppDevelopment and Drupal conducted by IAC SoftwareSolutions from 30/07/2015 to 02/08/2015.
vWorkshopon Emerging Technologies and value of GlobalCertifications conducted by Expert Mr.Adarsh Bhardwaj (MCSD and Google Web Academy Certified Professional , BrandAmbassador Fedora, North Regional Academic Head, Aptech Computer Education)on 18/05/2015.
vWorkshop on Personality and Skill Development conducted byCounsellor Association and Training Associates on28/04/2015.
vOneday Workshop on Cloud computing under NationalNetwork Security Championship conducted by NetworkBulls in association with e-cell IIT-Bombay on 25/03/2015 and26/03/2017.
vSpoken Tutorial delivered under FOSS programme conducted by IIT-Bombay on 09/03/2015, 14/03/2015 and16/03/2015.
vOneday Workshop on Placement Readiness conductedby FACE on 11/03/2015.
v Three day Workshop on CSSand HTML 5.0 conducted by IAC SoftwareSolutions from 22/07/2014 to 24/07/2014.
vOneday Workshop on Leading Technologies conductedby C Sharp Corner.com (Kashmir Chapter) on12/07/2014
Class Coordinators and Mentors
SSMCOLLEGE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENTOF COMPUTERS SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
CLASSCOORDINATOR(S) & MENTORS
CSE 7TH A
CSE 7TH B
CSE 5TH A
CSE 5TH B
CSE 4TH A
CSE 4TH B
IIT Bombay, Spoken Tutorial (ST)program has partnered to work with SSM College Of Engineering, towardsempowering all students pursuing Higher Education – UG and above, by providinga range of IT Skills training, from General IT/ Computer Skills to Programmingsoftware to lucrative job oriented software training. With Certificatescompletely FREE of COST! The courses are useful for the students ofEngg/Management/Diploma, etc. An initiative of National Mission on Educationthrough Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and launched by theMinistry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India, this SpokenTutorial Project is an advantageous commencement of the ‘Talk to a Teacher’activity. The Spoken Tutorial aims to provide its spoken tutorials on FOSSavailable in a number of Indian languages to ease the learners experience.
Contact for guidance and support –
Mr.Khalid Makhdoomi and Mr Shahid
(SpokenTutorial - IITB, Central Coordinator for SSM College of Engineering)
ContactNo.: 9796306147 , 9796564117
Ms.Hajra Bano (Spoken Tutorial - IITB, Training Coordinator for J&K State)
The department of computer science engineering has five high end labs. The labs are set to create specialist environment required for students of Computer Science Engineering. High End Servers connected through latest switches. Internet and Intranet network facilities supported by high quality software based on curriculum and global requirements,along with latest operating systems, allowing the students not only to develop their skills but also access the internet for convenient internal as well as external communication with the cyber world, the college provides free access to Internet to its students.