Computer Science and Engineering
for contacting SSM College Of Engineering And Technology Srinagar.
Our Information Desk will be forwarding your Query / Comments to the
concerned department for an immediate response. Kindly be patient as
someone will contact you very soon to see if there is anything we can help you with
Information Desk SSM College Of Engineering And Technology Srinagar.
Message Submitted from ec2-54-81-54-46.compute-1.amazonaws.com IP.
Mrs. Yasmin Bhat Associate Professor/HOD Computer science is the real “Rocket Science” for every one that dream of becoming a scientist in the any walk of life using computers to solve problems. In computer science you will study and apply your knowledge in understanding what computers are, as how to program them, tools to write a program, the rules when converting the written program understandable by the computers, the interface between the computer and the user, the computer graphics, computer networking, managing the software database, software engineering and testing them efficiently and more. Now computers are used everywhere to reduce the manpower requirements, easy of computation and to improve the efficiency. So the scope for computer science is endless.
Computer Science and Engineering students are in high demand as far as industry recruiters are concerned. Depending upon the interest of the student, he/she may choose to go for higher studies or if employed can choose to do research, development, design, production, application, testing or management in the Information Technology industry.
Vision and Mission
To nurture Computer Engineers to support ICT (Information &Communication Technology) in all Hardware & Software Domain in any branch of Techno-Managerial area.
1. To provide center of excellence in CSE.
2. To prepare students for professional career and higher studies to make graduates technically sound and ethically strong, enabling them to serve society as innovators, entrepreneurs and competent professionals.
3.To remain professionally advanced through research and development programs
4.To develop specialized programs for promoting IT culture in society.
PEOs AND POs
1. The graduates of the program will becomeproficient in the principles and practices of computer
science, mathematics and science, enabling them to solve a wide range of computing related
2. To enable the students with innovativeapplications of engineering knowledge and programming
skillsto spearhead the progress of society in the information age.
3. To mould the students into competent, successful, and practicing engineers in their career
and/orin pursuing their higher studies through the spirit of innovation andentrepreneurship
4. To provide exposure to cutting edgetechnologies, adequate training and opportunities to work
individuallyand as teams on multidisciplinary projects with effective analytical skills
5. To acquire and practice the profession withethics, integrity and leadership qualities with due
considerationto environmental issues in conformance with societal needs.
Uponcompletion of the programme, the student will be able:
1. To apply and integrate knowledge of computingto the engineering discipline
2. To identify, analyze, formulate and solve complex problems related to computer science and
3. To design, construct and evaluate a computerbased system, process or component, to meet the
4. To demonstrate application of engineering skills and techniques for efficient development of
5. To use modern techniques and tools necessary for computing practice that drives towards
6. To develop innovative ideas that can be translated into commercial products benefiting the
societyand the economic growth.
7. To understand the impact of engineering solutions in a social, global, environmental and
8. To posses leadership and management skillswith best professional, ethical practices and social
9. To interact professionally with others in the workplace and to function effectively as an
individualand in a group.
10. To demonstrate quality skills so as to speak,listen and present effectively the acquired technical
knowledgeto a range of audience.
11. To utilize project management skills andprinciples of finance and economics inthe construction
ofhardware and software systems with business objective.
12. To substantiate contemporary knowledge and technological developments by being a
MR KHALID MAKHDOOMI
MR SUHAIL ASHRAF
MR OWAIS KHURSHEED
MRS SAIMA SIDEEQ
MS SUMAYA FAYAZ
MR MUDASIR AHMED MUTTOO
MS MEHAK BASHIR
MS SAHILA SHAH
MR SHAHID MOHI UD DIN
MS MIR ASMA ALI
MS MONISA NAZIR
MR ZUBAIR M PAUL
MS NADISH ALI
MR FAHAD RASOOL
MR OMAR FAROOQ KHAN
MS HINA KANTH
Ms. Hafsa Zargar
NAME OF TEACHER
UG in Computer Engineering
Started with 30 Seats in 2002 intake Increased to 60 Seats in 2008 Intake Increased to 120 in 2009-10
Through the Accreditation for Computer Engineering was Considered by the Accreditation Team during it`s Visit 18-03-2007 the Institute wished to withdraw the said Course from Accreditation