for contacting SSM College Of Engineering And Technology Srinagar.
Our Information Desk will be forwarding your Query / Comments to the
concerned department for an immediate response. Kindly be patient as
someone will contact you very soon to see if there is anything we can help you with
Information Desk SSM College Of Engineering And Technology Srinagar.
Message Submitted from ec2-54-197-177-171.compute-1.amazonaws.com IP.
Our mission is the provision of human services in a sustainable way, balancing society need for long-term infrastructure and environmental health. The department believes that it is imperative that human infrastructure and the natural environment be viewed in a synergistic way in order to fulfill this mission. We can achieve this mission through engineering and science education.
Vision of Department of Civi lEngineering
By creating,developing, organizing, and managing complex technologies and products,engineers play a crucial role in contributing to the betterment of humanity and in shaping our world. Seeking solutions to the most difficult challenges of our day in the context of physical, economic, human, political, legal, and cultural realities makes engineering a tremendously exciting endeavor. In a world increasingly influenced by scientific and technological innovation, the civil engineering department has a vision of producing engineers who can provide important leadership to society.
Educational Objectives for the BE Program in Civil Engineering
The current Civil Engineering program educational objectives were developed as part of the programs ongoing efforts to maintain through innovation a program that meets the needs of our constituents. The current educational objectives of the Civil Engineering program are:
1. Graduates will become principals in the industries associated with civil engineering and professional engineers starting-up and growing their own new firms. They will become recognized experts working in government, consulting firms, and international organizations around the country and around the world addressing some of the most challenging problems of our times.
2. Graduates will function successfully in a professional environment by utilizing and enhancing their problem-solving and communication skills.
3. Graduates will become leading researchers and professors who create and disseminate new knowledge in civil engineering.
4. Graduates will pursue lifelong learning, such as graduate work and other professional education.
5. Graduates will be leaders, both in their chosen profession and in other activities and will provide mentoring to those under their supervision and influence.
6. Promote organizational success with consideration of cost and time management while practicing and promoting ethical behavior and stewardship of a sustainable environment.
The Civil Engineering program is designed to develop knowledgeable and creative engineers with strong capabilities for innovation and management. Civil Engineering graduates have a wide variety of employment opportunities in both the private and public sectors in addition to becoming successful entrepreneurs. The Department of Civil Engineering of SSM COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY is excellently suited to meet the ever changing requirements of engineers and the department ensures not only that the courses are updated at par with national level institutes but also that they reflect the current needs of commerce,industry and the society as a whole.
The Civil Engineering Department offers courses in the following fields:
1. Structural analysis 2. Fluid mechanics 3.Design of structures 4.Environmental Engineering 5.Estimation (QSCE). 6. Irrigation Engineering 7. Geology 8.Drawing 9.Surveying 10.Building material and construction 11.Architectural town planning. 12. Hydrology (Water resources) 13. Transportation Engineering 14.Geo-technical Engineering 15.Construction management 16. Projects and seminars
The Civil Engineering Department is set with well-equipped labs comprising of following:
1. Geo-tech Engineering lab 2. Transportation Engineering lab 3. Strength of Materials lab 4.Survey Lab 5. Concrete tech lab 6. Environmental Engineering lab The labs also serve the purpose of testing of various materials received from outdoor agencies and consultants.
1. Universal testing machine 2. Loss Angeles Apparatus 3.California bearing ratio apparatus 4. Spectrophotometer
5. CBR Apparatus
6. Triaxial Apparatus
7. Directshare Apparatus
8. Torsion Testing Machine
9. Impact Testing Machine
Facilities provided to students in the form of departmental library
1 More than 3900 books and publications
Subscription to national and international journals and magazines DVD based practical work.