for contacting SSM College Of Engineering And Technology Srinagar.
Our Information Desk will be forwarding your Query / Comments to the
concerned department for an immediate response. Kindly be patient as
someone will contact you very soon to see if there is anything we can help you with
Information Desk SSM College Of Engineering And Technology Srinagar.
Message Submitted from ec2-54-90-86-231.compute-1.amazonaws.com IP.
SSM College of Engineering library is a resource center for teaching, learning & research. Being the heart of the college, it is home for all the information services. It plays a proactive role in enabling access to information resources of all kind and providing innovative, responsive and effective services to meet the changing needs of the students and faculty. The major objective of the library is to provide latest information/knowledge to the right users at the right time
Library has 100 seating capacity, digital library, e-learning center, reference section, circulation counter, journals/magazines and news paper section are also available. The library holds a hybrid collection of printed as well as electronic resources which include books, journals, databases, audio-visuals, CDs/DVDs, e-journals, reports, course materials, previous years question papers, project reports, etc. Currently the library holds over 51,798 books, 300 print journals, provides access to electronic resources, newspapers and business magazines, and 1500 multimedia resources. And also have institution membership of NDL. It offers a fully integrated and dynamic environment for conducting academic and research activities.Multiple copies ensure that resources are easily available in reference section and stack area as well. Central library is Wi-fi enabled and under CCTV surveillance.
· To Procure latest edition of text books reference books Journals Modern Resources.
· To Keep the Library open round the clock.
· Our library intends to incorporate the latest technology and adopt user friendly approach towards student and faculty.
· Our library intends to offer comprehensive services related to dissemination of knowledge.
Library serves as a resource center and aims to develop a comprehensive Collection of books and journals useful for faculty and students of the institute and provides an efficient dissemination of knowledge.
· Provide library services and resources in multiple formats that meet our users’ needs.
· Reimagine the physical space of the library to better meet the demands of our students and faculty in the future.
· Educate users about the library’s services and resources.
· Increase collaboration with students,faculty, staff, and the community.
1. Equity: Accessibility, respect and fairness
2. Diversity: Valuing individual needs, experiences and differences
3. Intellectual Freedom: Guaranteeing and facilitating the free exchange of information and ideas in a democratic society, protecting intellectual freedom and respecting individuals rights to privacy and choice
4. Innovation: Encouraging creativity,experimentation and the generation of ideas
5. Inclusion: Welcoming participation in decision making and service development by residents and communities
6. Integrity: Open, transparent
7. Accountability: Taking responsibility for our actions and the services we provide
8. Service Orientation: Providing excellent, responsive services
To provide education services of the highest quality both curricular and co-curricular so that our
students can integrate skills and serve industry and society equally well at the Global level.
The library uses smart software package namely SOUL 2.0 which is an integrated multi user library management software that supports all in-house operations of the library.
The SOUL 2.0 consists of modules on acquisition, cataloging, circulation, and OPAC.
The database of books is being updated on day to day basis with addition of new books.
The circulation (issue and return) is going through SOUL 2.0
The database of newly admitted students is also being updated in the software.
oNo. of Volumes: 51,798
oNo. of Titles: 14,083
oNo. of Encyclopedias: 5
oNo. of Dictionaries: 36
oNews Papers: 2000
oCD- ROMs and DVDs: 1500
oProject Reports: 750
UG / PG COURSES - Book details
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
Applied Sciences And Humanities
The total area of central library is 4200 Sq.feets which is located in the administrative block at first floor in college campus and is divided into various sections. Each section is well decorated and very spacious. The distribution of services in the library is indicated below:
1. General section.
2. Periodical section.
3. Reference section.
4. Digital library section
5. Reading room.
6. Circulation (issue and return counter)
09.00 AM to 05.00 PM
10.00 AM to 04.00 PM Study room books issued for overnight, one hour before closing of the library on all days 24 CCTV cameras are installed in the library premises as security measure.
Library Facilities and Rules
·SSM College of Engineering Library located in the administrative block at first floor in college campus & Separate Library is available for BE: Electronics/Electrical/CE/Civil/Mechanical Engineering Programmes.
·Periodicals, Newspaper and Magazine Section
·Wi-Fi Internet facility
·SC/ST Book Bank Scheme
·Under CCTV surveillance
·No one is allowed to the library unless he/she produces his/her membership card.
·Every student shall present his/her membership card/identity card at the time of issue of books.
·Bags, handbags and personal belongings are to be kept at depository/property counter.
·Students are prohibited to carry any book inside the reference section except loose sheets.
·Books should be handled with great care and mutilation of books in any manner will be heavily fined.
·Students can retain the books for 15 days only, after which a fine of Rs.1/- Per book per day will be chargeable.
·Renewals are allowed only when there is no claim by others. Renewals will not be entertained over phone.
·A borrowed book if recalled by the Librarian has to be returned immediately.
·While borrowing the books the student is advised to ensure that the books are in proper condition. If any pages are missing or damaged, inform the same to the library staff on duty.
·All the students should return their library borrower cards after completion of their course and obtain a no-due certificate from the library.
·In case any book is lost or damaged by the members he/she shall replace the book or set of books if one volume of the set is lost, or shall pay twice the cost of the book.
·Maintain Queue at the circulation counter.
·Mobile phones & eatables shall not be allowed inside the library.
· Borrowers should return the books on or before the due date, defaulter will be fined.
·Reference books such as dictionaries, encyclopedia, yearbooks, journals, project reports, textbooks with a marking reference etc. will not be issued.
·If you have any suggestions and queries in the central library, please see the librarian in person or send an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Days of Delay
Up to 15 Days
Rs. 1.00 ps per day.
16 to 30 Days
Rs. 2.00 ps per day
31 to 60 Days
Rs. 5.00 ps per day
61 to 70 Days
Cost of the Book as a Fine
Print as well as e-journals are subscribed by the Central Library on the recommendations received from the academic departments. Print journals are displayed in the wooden display racks kept on the library. All back volumes have been arranged in the stack.
List of Journals:-
1. International journal ofsustainable civil engineering.
2. International journal ofcivil engineering.
3. International journal of civil engineering construction technology.
4. International journal of advancing civil engineering.
5. International Journal of civil engineering research.
6. International journal of material science &engineering.
1. International journal of fluid mechanics.
2. International journal of structural changes in solids-mechanics and applications.
3. International journal of material science.
4. International journal of mechanical engineering.
1.International journal of electrical engineering and embedded systems.
2.International journal of electrical engineering system research.
3.International journal of electronics computing and engineering education.
4.International journal of electrical systems and control.
5.International journal of electrical engineering.
1.Indian journal of advances in electronics& electric engineering
2.Journal of electrical engineering.
1.International journal of dataware housing.
2.International journal of applied artificial intelligence engineering.
3.International journal of computer science software and electrical communication.
1.Indian journal of image processing and applications.
2.Indian journal of mobile communication.
3.Indian journal of advances in wireless and mobile communication.
4.Indian journal of computational science.
5.Journal of computer sciences.
Electronics & Communication Engineering:-
1.International journal of electronics & computer engineering.
2.International journal of wireless communication networking applications.
3.International journal of VLSI design engineering.
4.International journal of electronics&communication engineering.
5.IEEE transactions on power electronics.
6.IEEE transaction on microwave theory &techniques.